Sunday, January 24, 2021, 7 pm PST
& Thursday, January 28, 2021, 6 pm PST
2021 begins with the perennial audience favorite and internationally critically-acclaimed Alexander String Quartet. Long-time friends of Music at Kohl Mansion, the San Francisco-based ASQ was the first American ensemble to win the London International String Quartet Competition and has served as the Ensemble in Residence of San Francisco Performances and Directors of the Morrison Chamber Music Center at San Francisco State University since 1989. This will be one of the last opportunities to hear the quartet perform with founding violist Paul Yarbrough who has announced his retirement this season.
On Sunday, January 24, join the musicians immediately after the concert for an “after party” on Zoom. A link will be sent to ticket buyers on the concert morning.
Please note: If you have already purchased your tickets, check your email for the concert link on the morning of the concert. (If you don’t see the email, check your spam folder. Call the Concert Day Hotline at (510) 463-1054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.) Scroll down for viewing info.
Click here (printable) for Concert Program Notes.
Viewing the Concert:
- The concert is viewable on computer, phone, or tablet with internet connection via a unique link emailed to ticket buyers on the morning of the concert.
- The link will take viewers to YouTube Live.
- Tune in early to watch an interview with the Alexander String Quartet and Kai Christiansen’s pre-concert Talk. The interview and talk begin 20 minutes prior to concert time (6:40 pm PST on 1/24, and 5:40 pm PST on 1/28).
- Immediately after the concert, join the musicians and host Kai Christiansen for an “after party” on Zoom (1/24 only). Invitation will be sent with your concert link.
- If you need help, please call the Concert Day Hotline at (510) 463-1054 or email email@example.com with your telephone number and a member of our team will call you back.
- You may view or print the concert program and notes here (printable).
Beethoven 250 Celebration continues
String Quartet No. 13 in B-flat Major, Op. 130